Monday, June 25, 2012

Moving Forward

The reason I haven't been able to post these past few days is because my best friend came to visit me this weekend, and my friends from Ireland have all arrived for the summer.

I was so happy when all of the guys walked into Toby's for the first time this season. My summer is only just beginning and I am excited for what it brings.

Having my best friend here helped me out a lot. Since she lived with me here on Nantucket last year, she was the perfect person to visit during a weekend that may have been hard for me.
Dinner at Oran Mor
at the Chicken Box

This summer is much different than last summer. This summer the island is more familiar, I feel much more comfortable. I have been making a bigger effort to be spontaneous. Don't get me wrong, I love planning, but I realized it was a little too much. So I have decided to live with intentions but never get upset if it doesn't always go according to plan. I am off to a pretty good start.

It is one of the best feelings in the world to live somewhere where you have absolutely zero enemies... You are able to know exactly who you are in the present and in the future as well. Being able to have a positive outlook everyday is something I will never take for granted here.

I miss my family and friends back at home, but I know that I was supposed to come back here to clear my mind, and to make sense of some decisions and relationships with people, that may have gone off track while I was home.

I definitely feel like a different person, a much happier and confident person.

No comments:

Post a Comment